Whitworth Home Page > Student Post Office >
Students' Frequently Asked Questions
Student Address Change Form
When prompted to log in, credentials must be entered as follows:
User Name: admin\username (ex: admin\jdoe12)
Password: Student's network password
- Whitworth Student Post Office hours of operation
- Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Saturday, Noon-2 p.m.
*Please note that the post office offers package pickup services only on Saturdays; postage sales and shipping are confined to weekdays.
The Whitworth Student Post Office keeps limited hours on school holidays, postal holidays, and extended breaks. Please check with the post office staff for information regarding holiday hours.
- Whitworth Student Post Office phone number: 509.777.3279
- Current postage rate(s)
- Rates change each year. Please refer to www.usps.com for current postage rates.
- How will I know if a package arrives for me?
- If a package for you is delivered to Whitworth, you will receive an e-mail notofication from the HUB Student Post Office.
- How can I pick up a package once I get the e-mail?
- Bring your I.D. card to the post office window, and we will give you your package. You must have your I.D. card in hand to receive your package. The only exception, if you have lost your I.D. card, is that you may show us any government-issued photo I.D. You'll be asked to sign for any packages you receive.
- Can I send letters and packages at the student post office?
- Yes. We can send letters and packages up to 15 lbs.
- During the week, we have postage and envelopes for sale.
- Certified mail, packages weighing over 15 pounds, Next-Day Air, Express Mail, and international packages can be sent through the Whitworth Mail Center, in Hawthorne Hall.
- How should people address mail to me?
- Mail addressed to you should include your legal name
- followed by your student mailbox number (not your dorm room number)
- followed by 300 W. Hawthorne Road, and...
- Spokane, WA 99251
Fiona Frannie Flannigan
300 W. Hawthorne Road
Student Box 5513
Spokane, WA 99251
- When sending mail, what should I use as my return address?
Use the address your correspondents use when they send mail to you at Whitworth:
- Your legal name
- Student box number (not your dorm room number)
- Whitworth University
- 300 W. Hawthorne Road
Spokane, WA 99251
- What time do post office deliveries take place?
- Carriers deliver at various times throughout the day. After packages are delivered and checked into our system they are available for pickup.
- USPS delivers around 7.30 a.m. This mail is available for pickup around 9 a.m.
- UPS delivers around 9:30 am. Packages are available for pickup around 10:30 a.m.
- FedEx Express arrives around 10:30 a.m. FedEx Express letters and packages are available for pickup around 10:45 a.m.
- FedEx Ground delivers around 3 p.m. Letters and packages are available for pickup around 3:30 p.m.
- Can I initiate returns and shipments in the HUB?
- We can send any domestic package under 15 lbs. via USPS.
- We can currently return prepaid packages for the following carriers only:
- DHL/Airborne Express
- If you do not have a prepaid label, the mail center in Hawthorne Hall will be happy to assist you in shipping via any of these companies.
- What time does mail go out of the student post office?
- Mail goes out at 2:45 p.m. each weekday from both the HUB post office and the
Hawthorne Hall mail center. If your mail needs to be postmarked after this time, you can take it to the Rosewood Post Office (a U.S. Post Office) located at 6325 N. Monroe. You can reach the Rosewood P.O. at 509.328.6782.
- How do I change my forwarding address?
- Fill out the simple form available at the HUB post office window or online via the form listed at the top of this page.
- How long does Whitworth forward mail once I graduate?
- We forward first-class mail and parcels for one year.
- You must provide us with an address when you graduate/leave Whitworth.
- You are responsible for informing senders of your new address. Any mail you receive at your new address with a forwarding label must be updated.
- Mail received after the one-year time limit will be returned to sender.
- Where does my mail go during Whitworth breaks, including summer?
- Summer mail is forwarded to the address we have on file for you. Please check with the post office before you leave for Summer Break.
- Winter Break/Jan Term mail is not forwarded. It will be in your box awaiting your return.
- Can I call and check what's in my mailbox or change my address over the phone?
- No, we are unable to check your mailbox via phone request.
- We are also unable to change your address over the phone. The Change of Address Form is available online for current students. Please contact the Whitworth Student Life Office if your circumstances require unusual measures.
- Do you have shipping supplies available for my use?
- We have free Priority-Mail boxes; however, they MUST be shipped at the priority rate.
- Shipping tape, labels, padded envelopes, and envelopes are available to students for a minimal fee.
- Can I have a friend or roommate pick up my mail?
- No, we do not give mail to anyone other than the labeled recipient. We will, of course, make exceptions for extreme circumstances such as a death in the family or a student's hospitalization. Student life must contact us in the event of such circumstances.
- For packages over 15 lbs., international packages and APOs/FPOs, and registered or expedited mail:
- Please visit the Hawthorne Hall mail center:
- Open 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
- The HHMC can currently accept only checks and cash.
- To ensure expedited service, please have your package to the HHMC by noon to allow time for processing.
- Custom forms must be filled out for international and APO/FPO packages.