Whitworth Home Page > Admitted Students
A Helpful Financial Aid Timeline
The financial aid office staff welcomes you to the Whitworth community. We look forward to assisting you in receiving financial aid. The following is a timeline that includes links to online processes. We hope you find it helpful. Feel free to contact us with any questions at 509.777.3215, 800.533.4668, or email@example.com.
October / November / December
- Print a FAFSA from the web worksheet.
- Gather the necessary documents needed to complete the FAFSA.
- Complete the FAFSA on the web worksheet with all of the necessary information.
- Complete the FAFSA online at www.fafsa.gov. For full consideration of all resources, Whitworth's priority FAFSA deadline is March 1. Whitworth's federal school code is 003804.
- Receive your electronic Student Aid Report from the federal processor and review it for accuracy. Make any necessary changes to your FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov.
- Receive your Financial Aid Award Notification from Whitworth University.
- Read through the award; to understand the types of aid, visit www.whitworth.edu/financialaid.
- Review your financial aid award packet to determine what is needed to complete your financial aid file at Whitworth. If you need a form, visit www.whitworth/financialaid/forms.
- Visit Pirate Port to see your award notice and missing documents.
- If you estimated tax information on your 2012-13 FAFSA, consider going back into your FAFSA and loading your IRS 2011 tax data.
- Receive the confirmation billing e-packet from student accounting services via your Whitworth student e-mail.
- Review your charges and financial aid for accuracy.
- Determine if there is a balance due for the semester.
- Consider a payment plan. Parents may want to apply for a Federal Direct Parent Loan.
- Submit a final high school transcript with confirmation of your high school graduation to the Whitworth Admissions Office.
- Complete processes related to Federal Direct Stafford Student Loans. New borrowers must complete two online processes in order to receive funds under this program. Please click
to complete these processes.
- Receive in the mail Perkins Loan documents (if you are eligible for a Perkins Loan). Complete and return them by the date indicated in the packet.
- Watch for an e-mail from Whitworth Student Employment (if you have been awarded work-study) that provides you information on how to apply for on-campus work-study positions.
- Prepare a résumé to bring with you to apply for on-campus work-study positions.
- At this point, if all required documents have been submitted and processed, your financial aid file should be complete and final, and you should have submitted the confirmation e-billing packet to student accounting services.
- Visit the student employment booth at the Welcome Fair during orientation. Pick up a work- study job-search packet.
- Begin your on-campus work-study job search.
- If your award is finalized and your loan processes complete, your financial aid funds should transfer to your Whitworth student account during the first week of classes. For disbursement information, click here.