Archives
Admitted Students | Current Students | Parents | Faculty & Staff | Alumni | Churches | Donors & Friends
Whitworth Archive Image
Image
Image
The Second Addition
The Second Addition
(Construction 1992) In February 1989 the campus began the centennial campaign to raise money for an addition to the library along with several other campus updates. In September 1989 the college held its centennial celebration with the library groundbreaking and beginning of construction of the library. The library project was set up in two phases. The first was to build the addition, to be completed in 1992, and the second phase was to renovate the old part of the library. The entire project was to be done by February 1993. This two phase project became the center of the campus. The students were all excited and involved in the addition and were ready for more books and more study rooms. The architecture of the addition was designed to match the original library building. The plans included adding an archive room, more study rooms on the second level and a library classroom.

Image
Image
Image Previous Image Return to the Index Page Next Image Images

Back to Archives >> Online Exhibits >>

Directions | Campus Map | Employment | Pod | RSS | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © Whitworth University. All Rights Reserved. | 300 W. Hawthorne Road, Spokane, WA 99251 | Campus Phone: 509.777.1000