Archives

Whitworth Archive Image
Image
Image
Rebuilding Ballard
Rebuilding Ballard
After the Whitworth Board of Trustees committed to rebuilding Ballard Hall, plans were made to lay the cornerstone of the new building on June 16, 1927. Construction started in August under the capable guidance of contractor J.B. Chapman. Male residents were allowed to move into the new dorm when school started that fall amidst construction. Ballard Hall was officially rededicated on December 9, 1927, ten months after the fire. The new Ballard Hall was evidence of community support and dedication.

Image
Image
Image Previous Image Return to the Index Page Next Image Images

Back to Archives >> Online Exhibits >>

Directions | Campus Map | Employment | Pod | RSS | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © Whitworth University. All Rights Reserved. | 300 W. Hawthorne Road, Spokane, WA 99251 | Campus Phone: 509.777.1000