Archives

Whitworth Archive Image
Image
Image
'The Finest Gymnasium in Spokane"
'The Finest Gymnasium in Spokane
Jay P. Graves Hall was built in 1942 in honor of the Trustee who gave Whitworth its Spokane campus. It was Jay Graves' desire that Whitworth become a great college that could compete competitively with its rivals and provide a variety of recreational activities for its students. The gymnasium offered not only a court for both volley ball and basketball but also a much needed auditorium. The building is still in use today and is a popular location for numerous events including, intramural sports, ball room dancing, and several fitness classes.

Image
Image
Image Previous Image Return to the Index Page Next Image Images

Back to Archives >> Online Exhibits >>

Directions | Campus Map | Employment | Pod | RSS | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © Whitworth University. All Rights Reserved. | 300 W. Hawthorne Road, Spokane, WA 99251 | Campus Phone: 509.777.1000