Virtual Tour | Whitworth University

Welcome to the online tour of Whitworth University's campus facilities. Since 1890, Whitworth has provided students an education of the mind and heart that prepares graduates for lives and careers with purpose. Whitworth's 200-acre campus of stately brick buildings and tall pines offers a beautiful and secure learning environment. We invite you to take a tour!

McEachran Hall

McEachran Hall is home to the offices of the president, academic affairs, finance & administration, the registrar, student accounts and financial aid.

MacKay Hall

MacKay Hall houses the admissions office.

Cowles Auditorium

Cowles Memorial Auditorium seats 1,250 people for lectures, theatre, dance, music performances and other events that take place throughout the year. The theatre department's offices are also located in this building.

Cowles Music Center

The Cowles Music Center including a 37,000-sq.-ft. expansion and renovation, opening in fall 2016, includes new rehearsal spaces for choral and instrumental ensembles, teaching studios, practice rooms and faculty offices for the music department.

Auld House

Auld House is home to Whitworth's human resource services and payroll offices.

Dixon Hall

Dixon Hall serves as one of the university's primary classroom buildings. Offices for the Whitworth School of Education and the psychology department are located here.

Warren Hall

Warren Hall is the largest of Whitworth's residence halls, with 220 residents living in three separate wings, each of which has its own student character.

Seeley G. Mudd Chapel

Seeley G. Mudd Chapel is the venue for Tuesday- and Thursday-morning community worship and for evening student-led services that take place weekly throughout the academic year. It also is home to the chaplain's staff and to various programs provided by staff members and by student ministry leaders.

Ballard Hall

Ballard Hall, originally constructed in 1914, is a residence hall for 62 women and is the sister hall to McMillan.

McMillan Hall

McMillan Hall is Whitworth's original building, built in 1913; it once housed all of the institution's classrooms, offices, dormitory rooms and the dining hall. "Mac" is now an all-male hall that is home to 83 men and is the brother hall to Ballard.

Graves Gymnasium

Graves Gymnasium houses kinesiology & athletics classes and a number of intramural activities. Some athletics coaches' offices are also located here.

Whitworth Fieldhouse

The Whitworth Fieldhouse is the venue for basketball and volleyball games and practices; it also houses batting and pitching cages, a ballet loft, and indoor track & field facilities. The James P. Evans Athletic Training Center is also located in the fieldhouse.

Aquatics Center

The Aquatics Center houses a six-lane, 25-yard competition pool with a movable bulkhead.

Scotford Strength Center

The Scotford Strength Center houses the strength and conditioning facility for varsity athletics.

University Recreation Center

The University Recreation Center (U-Rec), opened in 2013, includes three basketball courts, a large cardio and weight-training room, an elevated track, a rock-climbing and bouldering facility, and the outdoor recreation office.

Westside Athletics Complex

The Westside Athletics Complex includes Diana Marks Softball Field, a men's and women's soccer field, and a hammer and discus throwing area for track & field. The athletics fields include state-of-the-art scoreboards and a shared press box. (The men's baseball team uses Merkel Field, which was renovated in 2013 and is located to the northwest, behind the Whitworth Fieldhouse.)

Westminster Hall

Westminster Hall is home to the department offices for English, world languages & cultures, theology and kinesiology & athletics.

Weyerhaeuser Hall

Weyerhaeuser Hall serves as one of Whitworth's primary classroom buildings and is home to the Whitworth School of Business and the history department. The Weyerhaeuser Center for Christian Faith & Learning, the student investment club trading room, and the Dornsife Center for Community Engagement are also housed here.

Lied Center for the Visual Arts

The Lied Center for the Visual Arts features teaching studios for ceramics and sculpture, drawing, mixed media, painting and printmaking, a computer-graphics laboratory, and the Cowles Student Gallery and Bryan Oliver Gallery.

Schumacher Hall

Schumacher Hall houses the Whitworth Health & Counseling Services Center.

Robinson Science Hall

Robinson Science Hall, dedicated in fall 2011, houses the biology, chemistry, and health science departments, and encompasses three floors with classrooms, state-of-the-art laboratories, instrumentation and research facilities.

Lindaman Center

The Lindaman Center houses the offices of the philosophy, sociology, political science and communications studies departments, as well as two computer labs.

Harriet Cheney Cowles Memorial Library

Harriet Cheney Cowles Memorial Library, constructed in 1948, has been expanded twice and includes one classroom and four computer labs. The library's collection contains approximately 260,000 books, periodical volumes and digital holdings. A growing staff of reference librarians is on hand to help students find what they need.

Eric Johnston Science Center

The Eric Johnston Science Center is home to the offices of the physics and math & computer science departments. The building includes classrooms, labs, two greenhouses, a science library, and a recently renovated auditorium and lecture hall.

Baldwin Jenkins Hall

Baldwin-Jenkins Hall is a freshman residence hall, with 84 residents living in Jenkins and 80 living in Baldwin. A common lounge area separates the two wings..

Eileen Hendrick Hall

Eileen Hendrick Hall houses the Whitworth Intercultural Center and the International Education Center.

Stewart Hall

Stewart Hall houses 35 men and 35 women in four-person suite-style rooms.

The Village

The Village consists of three buildings that offer a home-like experience and mostly single rooms.

Arend Hall

Arend Hall houses 100 women and 74 men in single, double and triple rooms.

Boppell Hall

Boppell Hall houses 84 mostly upper-division students in apartment-style suites that include two bedrooms, private bathrooms, and common living areas with kitchenettes and storage spaces.

Hixson Union Building

The Hixson Union Building is home to the campus bookstore, post office, Mind & Hearth Coffee House, café, dining hall, multipurpose room, The Whitworthian (student newspaper) office, Natsihi (yearbook) office, and, the university's online radio station. The HUB also houses offices for the Associated Students of Whitworth University, the student life department, student employment, educational-support services, career services, and residence life.

Hawthorne Hall

Hawthorne Hall features seven classrooms and two computer labs. It also houses the offices of continuing studies, institutional advancement, university communications, and The Whitworth Foundation.

Duvall Hall

Duvall Hall is home to 160 students, who come from all four class levels. Duvall features multi-bedroom units that house 6-10 students; each unit includes a private living room and bathroom.

Oliver Hall

Oliver Hall is a 170-student facility that houses members from all four class levels in single, double and triple rooms. The three-story building features unique common areas, large-group and small-group meeting spaces, and study areas.

Pine Bowl

The Pine Bowl, where Whitworth's football and track & field teams practice and compete, also includes Boppell Track, an all-weather facility.

Scotford Tennis Center/Cutter Tennis Courts

The Scotford Tennis Center/Cutter Tennis Courts includes six courts -- three outdoor and three indoor in an inflated "tennis bubble."

Omache Field

Omache Field covers 120,000 square feet and includes a 240 x 400-foot area for ultimate Frisbee, soccer, flag football, bubble ball and other intramural and recreational sports.