The Whitworth Career Services Office exists to promote the academic, personal, vocational and occupational success of students and alumni by assisting them in the processes of career-decision making and career development. This purpose is achieved through the provision of high quality individualized/group career services and programming that prepare students to successfully identify their unique gifts and vocational goals, gain experiential opportunities, and navigate fulfilling careers in an ever-changing world of work.
Career services offers multiple opportunities for students to engage the community, including:
- Utilization of state and federal work-study program resources for student community service placements.
- Funding Bonner Leader community-service placements.
- Funding of community-service student employment upon request of academic departments.
- Encouraging students to gain valuable experience with internships, informational interviews, volunteering and extracurricular activities.
- Offering job and internship fairs that connect Whitworth students with community employers and internship sites.
- Providing career programming that brings together Whitworth students and community business/civic leaders (Career Connections).
- Membership in the four-college (Whitworth, Gonzaga, EWU and WSU) "Partnership in Employment" consortium.
- Promotion and implementation of the "Partnership in Employment" career fair which serves over 100 employers and 650+ students annually.
Back to Community Engagement Home Page >> Initiatives >>