Activate My Account
- Go to www.whitworth.edu/emailforlife.
- If you have a current Whitworth Alumni Community account, your username will be the same for your new Windows Live™ account. Not sure if you have a current Whitworth Alumni Community account? Click here.
- Please note: Your Whitworth Alumni Community account is likely different than any username/password combinations that you may have used as a student.
- Once you have completed the activation steps, it may take up to three business days before your account is live.
- Go to www.portal.microsoftonline.com and enter the username and password you created.
If you are already logged in to another Windows Live™ account, you will receive a message that says "To access Outlook Live, you need to sign out of <e-mail address>, and then sign back in using the ID you use for Outlook Live." You can click this link to automatically sign out.
- Provide the requested account information
- Select a question and secret answer.
- Add an alternate e-mail address. This is optional (do NOT use old @whitworth.edu e-mail address).
- Enter your country/region information and birth year.
NOTE: You will receive a prompt requiring you to enter your country or region and birth year. These are required to determine whether or not you are a child in a country or region that requires parental permission for access to the site. There may be a delay in the birth year prompt, depending on which Windows Live™ features you access.
- To access help for all services, click on Home, then pull down More and select All Services at the bottom on the list. Choose the hyperlink you want to go to, then, once there, select the Help button (the blue circle with a question mark - usually on the far right of the screen). Or, go to http://help.outlook.com.