Top Giving Priorities
- The Whitworth Fund is an unrestricted fund that supports the areas of greatest need in the annual operating budget. Scholarships are always a primary area of need, and they receive the majority (75 percent) of the funds given to The Whitworth Fund. The rest of these funds support international initiatives, academic and student life, and facilities and grounds.
- The General Scholarship Endowment supports the more than 95 percent of our students who receive financial assistance. Whitworth is consistently ranked as a best value among regional universities in the West, but the university competes for students against institutions that are publicly funded and have much larger endowments. Increased scholarship endowment provides budget relief and flexibility and also helps ensure that an education of mind and heart remains affordable for students from all socio-economic backgrounds.
- Music Facilities Plans for the Cowles Music Center include a remodel and addition to the existing music building. Features include new, separate rehearsal spaces for choral and instrumental groups and additional teaching studios and practice rooms. At a total project cost of $13.5 million, the music building has been identified as Whitworth’s most significant facility need. More than $10.6 million has already been committed as of November 1. Facility details can be found at http://whitworth125.com/whitwort/h-music-program/.
- Whitworth Athletics fans are encouraged to join the Crimson Club to build and maintain Whitworth’s high-quality athletics program. Funds assist primarily with senior athletics awards, the Heritage Gallery, and other athletics projects. Membership starts at $125, with special benefits for those who join. Visit www.whitworth.edu/athletics for details.
- The Campaign for Whitworth, launched this October, is a celebration and a way to keep Whitworth the same institution that George Whitworth envisioned and began 125 years ago. In addition to support for The Whitworth Fund, music facilities and scholarships, The Campaign for Whitworth also seeks to raise money for study-abroad programs, the honors program, the Core program, science research, and faculty and staff development.
Other giving options: Whitworth employees are encouraged to give to the areas that are most important to them. Perhaps you’d like to see your contribution go to academic departments, special student funds and/or other programs on campus. Please contact Whitworth Advancement Services at 509.777.4343 to find the fund that matches your interests.