Whitworth Home Page > Human Resource Services >
Staff Holiday Schedule
- Thanksgiving Holiday: Nov. 27-28 (Thurs., Friday)
- Christmas Holiday* Dec. 24, 25, 26 (Wed., Thurs., Friday)
- New Year's Day*: Jan. 1 (Thursday)
- Martin Luther King, Jr., Day: Jan. 19 (Monday)
- Good Friday: April 3
- Memorial Day: May 25 (Monday)
- Independence Day: July 3 (Friday)
*NOTE:Additional days off for 2014-15 will include four additional days off with pay over the Christmas holidays for benefits-eligible staff: Monday, Dec. 29; Tuesday, Dec. 30, Wed., Dec. 31; and Friday, Jan. 2. These days are not official holidays and will be handled accordingly by each division. (Note: Classes will resume Monday, Jan. 5, 2015.)
Floating Holidays (two holidays):
Eligible staff receive two floating holidays annually, for use on days of their choice, subject to supervisor approval. Floating holidays must be used by Aug. 31 of each year. They do not carry over from year to year, and they must be used in at least half-day increments.
Employees hired before Sept. 1 will receive two days in their first year of employment; employees hired after Sept. 1 and on or before Feb. 1 will receive one day in the first year.