Whitworth Home Page > Facilities Services >
Facilities Services Strategic Plan
To foster an inspirational environment to honor God and serve humanity.
Serving the Whitworth community today… Sustaining our campus for tomorrow.
|Health & Safety
Goals & Objectives (as of May 2014)
1. Deliver high-quality service that exceeds customer expectations.
- Provide timely communication to customers during the work order process
- Provide & promote a web-based feedback forum
- Set and track goals for work-order completion
- Set and track Quality Assurance Program goals
2. Provide an atmosphere of professionalism.
- Properly equip & maintain working areas to maximize efficiency
- Allocate budget to promote training/licensing/certifications
- Develop a comprehensive facilities & equipment preventive maintenance program
- Reinforce apparel and conduct requirements for employees as needed
- Continue to educate & equip employees to follow best safety practices
3. Value each employee.
- Empower employees to make putting Safety First a priority
- Recognize excellence
- Provide formal feedback for each employee annually
- Provide informal feedback daily
- Provide and promote regular opportunities for peer recognition
4. Communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
- Conduct and analyze an annual survey of Facilities Services customers
- Provide activity reports to next-level supervisors weekly
- Proactively provide resource requirements to business office and trustees
- Report annual accomplishments to board of trustees
- Provide timely and informative campus communications regarding maintenance activities
- Maintain and distribute Emergency Response protocols
5. Create and maintain a sustainable campus.
- Implement an energy policy & encourage campus-wide participation
- Develop renewable-energy projects to comply with the Presidential Climate Commitment
- Promote & support campus & community sustainability programs
- Distribute Building Energy Guide & educate users
- Share energy use information & conservation goals with campus constituents
- Retrofit all campus lighting for more energy efficiency by summer 2014
- Comply with the State's Water Use Efficiency rule by 2017
6. Constantly assess facilities infrastructure.
- Continue to assess & update VFA database of facilities requirements annually
- Conduct & report evaluations of building cleanliness
- Publish designated grounds/event areas to university website
- Populate APPA Facility Performance Indicators Survey by end of 2014