Home > Student Accounting Services > Perkins/Institutional Loan Office >
Loan Consolidation Information Regarding Perkins and
- Institutional Loans made through Whitworth University MAY NOT be included
in a Loan Consolidation.
- Once a Perkins Loan is consolidated, it becomes a Consolidation Loan
and loses the benefits of the Perkins Loan:
- Perkins Loans are eligible for cancellation benefits when performing
certain types of public service. These benefits are lost upon consolidation.
Click here for Deferment
& Cancellation Information.
- Perkins Loans have a nine-month grace period. Consolidation Loans
have a six-month grace period. Three months of the grace period may be
- While consolidation programs offer extended and income contingent
repayment plans which can lower monthly payments, these lower payments
and extended repayment terms (up to 30 years) can increase the overall
interest incurred over the life of the loan. Perkins Loans have
a fixed 5 percent interest rate and a fixed repayment period of