Whitworth Home Page > Sponsored Programs > About Our Office >
- Grant information services including customized searches, monthly grant bulletin.
- Proposal development services including help developing concepts into viable proposals, editorial assistance, assistance with budget development, and logistical support for proposal copying and mailing.
- Assistance with Required Approvals including obtaining compliance with human subjects in research, provide required institutional approval for assurances such as civil rights, scientific misconduct, lobbying, and drug-free workplace.
- Assistance in obtaining institutional letters of support or commitment.
- Assistance in obtaining the proper authorized signature on behalf of the university.
- Contract services including drawing up and negotiating contracts for services and sub-contract services and review of contracts for compliance with university policy and obtain necessary signatures.
- Negotiation of awards including negotiation of the final award with funding agencies with regard to budget and programmatic issues and approval of budgetary and programmatic changes to existing grants and contracts, and negotiate such changes if need be.
- Post-award monitoring including approval of expenditures from grant and contract budgets to ensure compliance with funding agency and institutional requirements, post award liaison with funding agency, monitor budgets and assist project directors in planning their expenditures and documenting match, and assist project directors with internal policies such as hiring of personnel, purchasing and travel procedures. Provide financial information to PI for reporting.