Whitworth Home Page > Young Life >
Certification for Ministry
The need for trained, disciplined, visionary, godly leaders for God’s work in the world exceeds the supply. This program serves the Christian movement well, both in the United States and around the world, because so many churches and Christian organizations look to Whitworth graduates for servant-leadership and vision.
The Certification in Ministry Program offers a variety of courses that help students:
- Prepare for jobs in ministry available upon graduation;
- Test their gifts and discover their sense of calling;
- Receive biblical and culturally relevant training for ministry;
- Create a strong community with other students pursuing ministry.
There are two courses that are specifically part of the Young Life program:
- TH 334 Youth Ministry
Helps students develop a theology of Youth Ministry as well as tools in analyzing virtually all aspects of youth ministry, culture, and the church.
- TH 339 Evangelism and Discipleship in the Postmodern Context
Gives students an introduction to the theology, history, and methodology of proclaiming the gospel and Christian spiritual formation.
Complete the Young Life Scholarship application at www.whitworth.edu/YoungLifeScholarship by March 1. Students selected to receive the Whitworth Young Life Leadership Scholarship will be notified by letter and the scholarship will be added to their Whitworth financial aid award.