Whitworth Home Page > Athletic Training >
Athletic training is a limited-enrollment
major. Applicants for admission to the athletic training major are evaluated on the following criteria:
- Current enrollment or completion of AT 270 and AT 271 with a grade of "B" or higher
- Demonstration of professional decorum and disposition (including, for example, the ability to work effectively with others, maturity, emotional stability, leadership, work ethic, etc.)
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 at Whitworth University for full admission. Applicants with a GPA lower than 2.75 but above 2.5 may be admitted conditionally. Transfer students must meet GPA requirements at Whitworth.
- Quality of the completed application form and two written recommendations
- Quality of a written essay providing the requested information
- Submission of completed immunization records prior to engaging in patient-care activities.
- Completion of the Technical Standards form
- Copies of CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and First Aid certification cards (or current enrollment in AT 270)
- No grade below a "C" in any course in the athletic training major (for admission & retention)
- Commitment to six semesters of didactic and clinical education
- Possible personal interview
After admission, students will be asked to sign our Communicable Disease Policy.