Whitworth Home Page > Psychology Department >
Research & Internships
Some of the department's current research projects include:
- Associate Professor Adrian Teo's spring 2012 research on "gender-specific behaviors, sex differences and similarities to inform on the theological issues of human nature as male and female in the image of God"
- Assistant Professor Melissa Rogers' research on how to get students to use effective study strategies
- Assistant Professor Elizabeth Campbell's research on career development and college students; also working to develop a better model of teaching for counseling development (both are beginning in Spring 2013).
- textbook on integrating psychology's research methods with statistics
- college-student development issues; sexual abuse (effects on victims and their partners)
- ethical issues in embryonic stem-cell research, the developmental path of academic achievement in elementary school, the integration of psychology and Christianity.