Whitworth Home Page > Off-Campus Studies > Program Opportunities > Faculty-Led, Full-Semester Programs >
Costa Rica Center: Jan Term Program for Freshman Honors Students
Thanks for your interest in Whitworth's Costa Rica Center Jan Term Program. Before you access the online application for the program, please be aware of the following.
- Only incoming fall 2014 freshmen who are admitted with honors and have paid their $350 enrollment deposit are eligible to complete the application.
- Please click on the application instructions link below for more detail.
Environmental Biology Professor Grant Cassady will teach a class on environmental stewardship of creation in one of the most biologically diverse and beautiful places on Earth.
- Family homestays
- Travel to cloudforests, volcanoes and other regional sites
- Cultural activities in the region
To be eligible to apply for this programs, students must have confirmed their enrollment to Whitworth by submitting a $350 deposit. The enrollment deposit can be paid by clicking here.The Jan Term Costa Rica program application requests basic personal and medical information, travel history and a brief statement about what applicants expect to contribute to and gain from the program. Participants will be selected on a first-come, first-served basis until the limited spots are filled. Click here for instructions on completing the application. In order to secure your spot, you must make an additional deposit of $300 within 30 days following your acceptance to the Jan Term program. Please click here to access the Costa Rica Center Jan Term Program Application (for freshmen only).
Program Cost: $1,500
- Deposit: $300 to be paid within 30 days of acceptance. (This is separate from the $350 enrollment deposit.)
- Balance of $1,200 due Nov. 1, 2014.
- Additional costs include round-trip airfare from each student's home, and airport departure tax (about $28, to be paid at San Jose Airport).
This program is offered every Jan Term to freshmen admitted with honors to Whitworth University. Please click here to access the Jan Term Program Application.