English


Font size:
Medium Text Large Text

Print this page:Print this page


Whitworth Home Page > English Department >

Facilities

Whitworth English majors have for years cherished the "vintage," cozy atmosphere of Westminster Hall. Our building began its second life in 1946, when it was brought to the campus and re-assembled (after war-time construction by the U.S. Navy). Following an era as a student residence, it became home to the English department in 1969. Westminster was remodeled in 2008-09 and includes classrooms, faculty offices, and an inviting library/lounge where English students read, debate, doze on the couch and check their e-mail. Outside are the flowers and trees of the Westminster Courtyard. Created by the department in 1992 (with faculty and students working together), and expanded significantly in 2000, the courtyard underwent renovation in 2008 with the construction of the Whitworth Fine Arts Building next door.