Tuition and Fees
This endorsement program is offered at the graduate level. Graduate tuition for the current fiscal year is $535 per credit. Some scholarship opportunities exist for coursework done at the graduate level. Contact the Graduate School of Education for details.
*Student Financial Aid
The online ELL program when taken in conjunction with the Master of Education degree qualifies for student financial aid. For information, contact the financial aid office at 509.777.3215 or email@example.com. Students will work with the Whitworth Student Accounts Office in arranging payment for their courses. Major credit-cards, debit cards and checks are the usual form of payment.
About the Application and Registration Procedures Items required for the application review:
- Whitworth University application with $35 application fee (available online)
- Official transcripts from each college/university where a degree or certificate was obtained
- Copy of current teacher certificate
- District Assurance Form to be completed by principal or superintendent of district (if not currently employed as a teacher, may submit a recommendation letter from supervisor of school or agency where you will be working with English Language Learners)
NOTE: Additional forms are required if you plan to enter the master’s degree program. Contact Susan Cook at 509.777.3222 for further information. Mail all materials to Susan Cook, Whitworth University, Graduate and Continuing Studies, 300 West Hawthorne Road, Spokane WA 99251.
A computer capable of successfully running the software listed below, including at least 5 or more gigabytes of free space on the hard drive after software installation, at least 2 gigabytes (3 or more is highly recommended) of RAM, sound capabilities CD/DVD drive, and an installed internet/network connection device with broadband capabilities is required.
- Windows XP SP3 (Home or Pro), Vista or Windows 7 with all updates; MacOS X 10.4 or higher with all updates; LinuxOS with the latest Windows or MacOS emulator installed that allows you to run the programs or the equivalent to the programs listed below:
- All operating system & Microsoft security and critical updates must be installed
- Microsoft Office 2007 or 2010 Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint for the PC with the Microsoft Office 2008; Microsoft Office 2008 or 2011 for the Mac including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Updated Anti-Virus Software (see Whitworth's website for approved software)
- A Malware/Spyware removal program
- RealPlayer SP, (free download)
- Microsoft Windows Media Player 11 or higher (free download)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.33 (MAC) or X (PC) or higher (free download)
- Sun Systems JAVA Plugin 6.22 or higher (free download)
- FLASH or software that has the ability to watch YouTube videos, up to date
- VLC Media Player (free download)
- Other software as per your instructor
- A reliable broadband Internet Service Provider (ISP). If you use AOL or an ISP with its own browser, you should have an alternate browser installed on your computer.
- For WindowsOS: Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) 8 or higher, running in compatibility mode.
- For MacOS: Safari 5 or higher although Safari users may find they have limitations while in Blackboard.
- Mozilla Firefox 3.6 or higher (the preferred browser for Blackboard)
Whitworth University provides all current students with a Whitworth e-mail address and a Blackboard account. Students are required to check their Whitworth e-mail accounts; all Whitworth communication is through the Whitworth e-mail address.
For assistance related to your specific equipment, contact Judy Dehle at 509.777.4387 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.