Whitworth Home Page > Communication Studies >
Personal Page: Ronald Pyle
- Ph.D. in Speech Communication, University of Washington
- M.A. in Speech
Communication, University of Washington
- M.A. in Theology, Fuller Theological
- B.A. in Speech Communication, Washington State University
Ron Pyle completed his Ph.D. at the University of Washington. He has
two master's degrees, one in speech communication and one
in theology. He wrote the national training manual for Young Life.
on the preaching of Charles Finney, reflects his research interests
in public address, rhetoric and religious communication. Pyle
preaches at area churches and recently served on the Core 250 team.
1999 sabbatical, he studied African-American preaching and the
process of analyzing sermons rhetorically. Currently he is training
and staff to serve as effective mentors to students.
- JMC/SP 212: Theories of Human Communication
- SP/TH 336: Gospel Proclamation
- SP/TH 338: Small-Group Ministry
- SP 341: South Africa Study Program
- SP 387: Rhetorical Criticism